In Tekija, on the Kumanovo road, 24 km east of Skopje, there was the Karaca Ahmet Sultan Bektashi Dervish Lodge and its tomb. This dervish lodge was converted into a church with the name of St. George by the Serbians in 1914 with the erection a cross. There is no trace of the dervish lodge and tomb, which disappeared in the following years. Some of the tombstones in the cemetery have survived to the present day. The area where the lodge is located is still considered sacred and candles are lit by local Christians.
Üsküp, Karaca Ahmet Sultan Tekkesi
Skopje, Karaca Ahmet Sultan Dervish Lodge
| Country | North Macedonia |
| City | Üsküp |
| Built Year | - |
| Converted | 1914 |
| Demolished | - |
| Architect/Patron | Unknown |
| Book Page | p.398 |
| Sources |
|
Photos
Gallery ready
Skopje, Karaca Ahmet Sultan Dervish Lodge — R.12.32
Mehmet Emin Yılmaz (@mimaremin)
R.12.32
Kiliseye Çevrilen Türk Eserleri 1 / The Turkish Monuments Converted into Churches 1, p. 401
YTB Publications, 2023
Extracted from the public-access source work on the YTB Digital Culture Platform; used with source and author credit.
Skopje, Karaca Ahmet Sultan Dervish Lodge — R.12.33
Mehmet Emin Yılmaz (@mimaremin)
R.12.33
Kiliseye Çevrilen Türk Eserleri 1 / The Turkish Monuments Converted into Churches 1, p. 401
YTB Publications, 2023
Extracted from the public-access source work on the YTB Digital Culture Platform; used with source and author credit.
Figure references in the book
R.12.32R.12.33