Nograd was annexed to the Ottoman lands by Gazi Mehmet Pasha, Beylerbeyi of Budin, in 1544. It was the sanjak of Budin Province until its occupation by the Habsburgs in 1594. Recaptured by the Ottomans in 1663, the castle was taken over by the Habsburgs in 1685. Suleiman The Magnificent Mosque has a record on page 41 of the Rumeli Mahlut Register numbered 1223 in VGMA, 5 Cemâziyelevvel 995 (April 13, 1587) with the phrase “Novigrad Kalesi'nde vâki Sultan Süleyman Câmii.” Sultan Süleyman Mosque, located in Nograd
Novigrad, Sultan Süleyman Câmii
Nograd, Suleiman The Magnificent Mosque
| Country | Hungary |
| City | Novigrad |
| Built Year | 1500 |
| Converted | 1594 |
| Demolished | - |
| Architect/Patron | Sultan Süleyman Suleiman The Magnificent |
| Book Page | p.488 |
| Sources |
|
Photos
Gallery ready
Nograd, Suleiman The Magnificent Mosque — R.13.55
Mehmet Emin Yılmaz (@mimaremin)
R.13.55
Kiliseye Çevrilen Türk Eserleri 2 / The Turkish Monuments Converted into Churches 2, p. 91
YTB Publications, 2023
Extracted from the public-access source work on the YTB Digital Culture Platform; used with source and author credit.
Figure references in the book
R.13.55