Kılkış, Hacı Yunus Köyü Câmii

Kilkis, Stavrochori Mosque

Church
CountryGreece
CityKılkış
Built Year1836
Converted1924
Demolished-
Architect/PatronUnknown
Book Pagep.1167
Sources
  • - Kiliseye Çevrilen Türk Eserleri, s.1167
  • - VGMA 179/348/2764, Pantelidis 2014

Photos

Gallery ready

No licensed image file has been added for this structure yet.

These codes refer to figures in the public-access work on the YTB Digital Culture Platform. Image files are added only through a controlled workflow with credit and source metadata.

Haci Yunus (Stavrochori) Village is located 9 km northwest of Kilkis. The date of the foundation established in Avrathisarı is H. 17.06.1252 / M. 29.09.1836 and it is recorded on page 348 of the 179th book in the 2764th row. Hacı Yunus Village Mosque was converted into a church by the new inhabitants of the village, Greeks from Anatolia, attributing it to St. Atanas, and it was used for this purpose until the new church in the village was built in 1961.

This digital map visualizes data inspired by Mehmet Emin Yılmaz’s three-volume work Kiliseye Çevrilen Türk Eserleri / The Turkish Monuments Converted into Churches. The source work was published by YTB Publications (2023) and made accessible through the YTB Digital Culture Platform.

Author reference: Mehmet Emin Yılmaz (@mimaremin).

Built & developed by Cüneyt Kaya in Kornwestheim.