The mosque in Yalıkapı Neighborhood was built in 1810 and repaired in 1875 and 1916. During the Soviet administration, it was closed to worship in 1935 and turned into a shop. In 1990, it was given to the Christian 7th-day Adventist congregation and converted into a church. With the return of the Crimean Tatars to their homeland from exile, the ownership of the mosque by the Muslim community formed in Feodosia was the subject of a lawsuit. The 8 x 12 m rectangular planned wooden roofed mosque is in ruins. There is no trace of the minaret seen in the old photograph.
Kefe, Yalıkapı Câmii
Feodosia, Yalıkapı Mosque
| Country | Ukraine |
| City | Kefe |
| Built Year | 1810 |
| Converted | 1990 |
| Demolished | - |
| Architect/Patron | Unknown |
| Book Page | p.816 |
| Sources |
|
Photos
Gallery ready
Feodosia, Yalıkapı Mosque — R.18.20
Mehmet Emin Yılmaz (@mimaremin)
R.18.20
Kiliseye Çevrilen Türk Eserleri 2 / The Turkish Monuments Converted into Churches 2, p. 419
YTB Publications, 2023
Extracted from the public-access source work on the YTB Digital Culture Platform; used with source and author credit.
Feodosia, Yalıkapı Mosque — R.18.21
Mehmet Emin Yılmaz (@mimaremin)
R.18.21
Kiliseye Çevrilen Türk Eserleri 2 / The Turkish Monuments Converted into Churches 2, p. 419
YTB Publications, 2023
Extracted from the public-access source work on the YTB Digital Culture Platform; used with source and author credit.
Feodosia, Yalıkapı Mosque — R.18.22
Mehmet Emin Yılmaz (@mimaremin)
R.18.22
Kiliseye Çevrilen Türk Eserleri 2 / The Turkish Monuments Converted into Churches 2, p. 419
YTB Publications, 2023
Extracted from the public-access source work on the YTB Digital Culture Platform; used with source and author credit.