The work, known as Cuma Mosque, Ulu Mosque, Suleiman Han Mosque or Sultan Selim Mosque, was built in 1522, when Suleiman the magnificent was the governor of Sanjak. According to the 1798 survey drawings, it is understood that it is a mosque with classical period architectural features consisting of a central domed harim and a five-domed narthex. Following Russia's annexation of Crimea, the Great Mosque in the bazaar was planned to be converted into a church. This mosque, which remained abandoned for a while, was demolished in 1873 on the grounds that it was located on an old church, and Aleksandr Nevsky Church was built in its place. In 1933, this church was also demolished.
Kefe, Ulu (Süleyman) Câmi
Feodosia, Grand (Suleiman) Mosque
| Country | Ukraine |
| City | Kefe |
| Built Year | 1522 |
| Converted | 1873 |
| Demolished | - |
| Architect/Patron | Sultan Süleyman Suleiman the Magnificent |
| Book Page | p.814 |
| Sources |
|
Photos
Gallery readyNo licensed image file has been added for this structure yet.
These codes refer to figures in the public-access work on the YTB Digital Culture Platform. Image files are added only through a controlled workflow with credit and source metadata.