Kayılar, Yukarı Mahalle Câmii

Ptolemaida, Yukarı Mahalle Mosque

Demolished
CountryGreece
CityKayılar
Built Year-
Converted1924
Demolished-
Architect/PatronUnknown
Book Pagep.1166
Sources
  • - Kiliseye Çevrilen Türk Eserleri, s.1166
  • - Konuk 2010: 199, Valsamidis 2003: 262

Photos

Gallery ready

No licensed image file has been added for this structure yet.

These codes refer to figures in the public-access work on the YTB Digital Culture Platform. Image files are added only through a controlled workflow with credit and source metadata.

The mosque in the Upper Ptolemaida neighborhood was converted into St. Ioannis Church in 1924 after the exchange. It was used until a new church was built in the 1950s and then abandoned.

This digital map visualizes data inspired by Mehmet Emin Yılmaz’s three-volume work Kiliseye Çevrilen Türk Eserleri / The Turkish Monuments Converted into Churches. The source work was published by YTB Publications (2023) and made accessible through the YTB Digital Culture Platform.

Author reference: Mehmet Emin Yılmaz (@mimaremin).

Built & developed by Cüneyt Kaya in Kornwestheim.