According to a September 5, 1959 dated document written by the board of trustees of the village church, the Greeks who came to the village from Turkey in 1923 used to fulfill their religious obligations in a barn which they converted into a church because the village was completely inhabited by Turks. After the departure of the Turks with the exchange, the mosque, which was in a very dilapidated state, was converted into a church in 1924 and named the Church of the Savior's Revelation (Metamorfoseos Sotiros).
Kayılar, Surpovo Köyü Câmii
Ptolemaida, Surpovo Mosque
| Country | Greece |
| City | Kayılar |
| Built Year | - |
| Converted | 1924 |
| Demolished | - |
| Architect/Patron | Unknown |
| Book Page | p.1165 |
| Sources |
|
Photos
Gallery readyNo licensed image file has been added for this structure yet.
These codes refer to figures in the public-access work on the YTB Digital Culture Platform. Image files are added only through a controlled workflow with credit and source metadata.