Kayılar, Aşağı Mahalle Câmii

Ptolemadia, Aşağı Mahalle Mosque

Demolished
CountryGreece
CityKayılar
Built Year-
Converted1924
Demolished-
Architect/PatronUnknown
Book Pagep.1164
Sources
  • - Kiliseye Çevrilen Türk Eserleri, s.1164
  • - Konuk 2010: 193, Valsamidis 2003: 262

Photos

Gallery ready

No licensed image file has been added for this structure yet.

These codes refer to figures in the public-access work on the YTB Digital Culture Platform. Image files are added only through a controlled workflow with credit and source metadata.

The mosque in the Lower Ptolemaida neighborhood was converted into St. Stefanos Church in 1924 after the exchange. On May 9, 1955, it was demolished with the construction of the new church.

This digital map visualizes data inspired by Mehmet Emin Yılmaz’s three-volume work Kiliseye Çevrilen Türk Eserleri / The Turkish Monuments Converted into Churches. The source work was published by YTB Publications (2023) and made accessible through the YTB Digital Culture Platform.

Author reference: Mehmet Emin Yılmaz (@mimaremin).

Built & developed by Cüneyt Kaya in Kornwestheim.